FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:56 pm
xenole

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
It's got pros and cons still for me.

I've said previously, I'm not sure taken by the mixed nuts. Would much prefer normal ones like AA do or just bring back the bags.

The bread roll is too thick.
Even cut in half, it's twice as thick as something you might put the dodgy butter stuff on. That said, good enough for mopping up the sauce or gravy.

Cheese plate was fine although would prefer no mouldy or soft cheese. Reminds me of something from the CCR though.

Drinks were offered although perhaps a few more offerings especially in the multi hour gap between first and second meals.
Got to say the two bottles of water given out on boarding were ice cold (offered water and an amenity kit and then 5 mins later got another of each)

As mentioned in a previous post, the third full glass of champagne on boarding wasn't a lot.

Mains wise, not had a bad one yet. Do tend to enjoy the meat and roasted veg type dishes so will go for them above salmon, pasta or salads.
Had the onion soup as my starter and that was lukewarm. Didn't bother asking them to reheat it as I do sometimes eat soup straight from the tin.
Nice tasting and not as "oniony" as expected. Bread roll works well with that.

Second hot meal came with cheesecake as dessert. Not sure if there was a choice as I didn't really want any but it was there on the tray.

Didn't use the blanket and pillow as I was on a day flight (even though the crew locked the 787's windows on purple for a lot of the flight) to force people to sleep.
At least I got my mini Magnum half way through.

Overnight flight in CW tomorrow so will possibly get some sleep after over indulging in the QF lounge as usual.