FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The beginning of the end of travel rewards?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:52 pm
damon88

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
This is an interesting thread and it brought back a flood of memories. Does anyone here remember FatWallet or SuckIsStaples or App-o-Rama? (Circa 2004)

Though I was an avid participant on that board I never engaged in those shenanigans. My focus then, as now, was to maximize rewards on my credit cards.

There have been positive changes over the years as well as losses. IMHO it is Much easier to transfer points and miles. There are so many great ways to earn and transfer points and miles now.

And as someone pointed out, Award seats are much more difficult to find (back in the day I never sweated availability on airlines like Virgin Atlantic or Air France as long as I booked 11 months or so in advance). But the airlines have made some Biz class and even First class tickets affordable.

And with so many Credit Card companies competing for our business, there are new lucrative offers almost annually.