FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RFS phone booking catalogue of errors
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:56 pm
Flexible preferences

Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
Only as tense as asking someone - politely but repeatedly - to double-check everything so we can finally get to the right amount in the end. Overall during the hour-long call, the guy was perfectly pleasant but he did keep getting things wrong, and can't help but wonder what would have happened if we went ahead with the original erroneous totals.

I'm more concerned about the absence of the booking at this point than whether I'll pursue the complaint or not. Is it normal after a phone booking for the confirmation to take this long to arrive?

PS: I went back to RFS online to see if the reward seats are still available, and it looks like they are not - so I'm taking this as a good sign!
If the complaint is opened then it will proceed, as far as I can see it won't matter whether you'll pursue it or not

It does sound like a long time, and the errors are unfortunate (although one of them was not an error and down to you misunderstanding how Avios are deducted in a household account), but I think if a pleasant agent had asked me whether I would like him to open up a complaint about him, despite my frustrations, I would have declined. I may be wrong about that, and we all can have different (and valid) approaches, but that would have been my decision.