FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:11 pm
slm9555

Under 5/24, 800+ credit, denied chase ink cash

I started a law firm with my wife last November. I have been running all our business expenses on my various personal cards to maximize spend. However, this was creating too much of a headache to keep my business organized so it was only logical to get a dedicated business card.

The last card card I got was over a year ago. I think I am 3/24. Low 800s credit score. 100% legitimate business, LLP entity. Got an auto denial for the ink cash. Called business recon. They had a bunch of questions about my business. I gave them conservative numbers that was 200k gross projected and 150k net. These are conservative numbers based on when the business started to date. My gross is going to be closer to 240-260k most likely.

Anyway, the agent basically explained that I have too much existing credit relative to my income. I offered to close my southwest card if needed. I don’t put any real spend on it and the CL is only 5k. They said due to my credit vs income my application would require approval by two individuals and that it would be 1-3 business days for the second review. It’s been 4 business days and no update and the card does not appear in my account.

Its a little frustrating that that I cannot get a business credit card with a business that’s my full time job, good credit, and under 5/24. Any advice or opinions? Now that I closed my southwest card any harm in applying again?

My current cards for reference: csr, fu, freedom, Amazon, Hyatt, Southwest (now closed voluntarily), amex platinum, amex gold (authorized user), British airways (authorized user).