FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinion on deplaning etiquette?
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 19, 7:26 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gooselee View Post
The other word that should be underlined is "ask". Perhaps the people further up in C+ also have a tight connection, too.

​​​​​​I've been asked before only to find the "tight connection" folks waiting with me at my next gate 20 min later. Maybe they were feeling claustrophobic. Whatever - if they asked with some degree of niceness I don't mind one bit. But if someone puts their hands on me and tries to push? They get a firm "please don't touch me or my things" and then summarily ignored.

Common courtesy is becoming fast friends with the dodo.
People generally shouldn't touch strangers, but the norms on this can be different in different cultures. Some people seem to instinctively touch a person after bumping into the person accidentally or through carelessness as an attempt at what they think is a gesture of apology (but personally I hate when someone does this to me). They might also touch someone instead of making an oral request if they cannot speak the language that they assume/know the other person speaks.