FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to credit DL marketed KL operated flight in Z?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:19 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rj123456
I flew a deeply discounted business class (class Z) fare sold by Delta (Ticket number is 006...)
The flight was operated by KLM (AMS-SFO DL 9380).

According to wheretocredit.com, Delta flights earn 200% in Flying Dutchman and KL flights earn 4 miles/EUR. KL flights in Z credit to Alitalia at 200% and Korean at 125%. I'm a member of both and AF Flying Blue (but not KL Flying Dutchman).

Similarly DL in Z earns 5 miles per USD.

I have no idea what the fare for the AMS-SFO segment was but it's part of a longer itinerary for which the total fare was ~ USD 2200 so that segment can't be more than $500 or so, so would earn only ~2,500 miles if credited to Delta (and possibly KL).

Which program will net me the most miles for this segment?
Can we assume that you don't have a chance of elite status in any program and are only interested in redeemable miles?

As noted above, AF and KLM (and IIRC Kenya) are all in FB now. You probably should check that your previous account is still open to avoid crediting miles into a black hole. You might need to open a new FB account if the old AF account has been inactive for too long.

Be careful that you don't have miles scattered over too many programs. It's hard to get much value from orphan miles.