FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The beginning of the end of travel rewards?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:38 pm
joer1212

Originally Posted by kapooncha
"The End" doesn't necessarily have to literally mean the end, if you catch my drift. I wasn't doing this back in 2007 but I imagine this whole hobby was extremely lucrative back then. Now, not nearly as much, and with the rules the banks have put in place, it's become exponentially more difficult.

In a few years, you may find that F awards cost upwards of 300,000 miles one way. So that's not literally "the end" but it basically is the end.
Exactly. Thank you!

People need to wake up and realize they're in denial about how badly this hobby has deteriorated.

Several years ago, I was able to churn cards with impunity, earning about a quarter of a million free miles and points with each application round. By contrast, my app-o-rama last night consisted of 7 credit card applications. Only one of them was approved (with an annual fee not waived the 1st year, which was never a thing before). Total miles earned? 50k.

I don't mean to sound spoiled, but the game is vastly worse now. It can be proven with simple grade school arithmetic. The numbers just don't add up like before.

Last edited by joer1212; Jan 26, 2019 at 11:25 am