FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:06 pm
Tim O'Brien

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by hclee01
I have written to the Corporate Office to check on perks for stays at Regent and Kimpton as well as if these spendings will be taken into account for RA evaluation, given that I generally have to make trips to Taipei where there is no IC available. This is the response provided:

Royal Ambassador is the exclusive invitational tier based on stay behaviours at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, whilst IHG Rewards Club offers Spire Elite enabling our most loyal members to be recognised across the entire IHG portfolio. At this time only qualifying spend at InterContinental is one of the criteria’s required for Royal Ambassador consideration. As for your upcoming travels to Taipei, Regent Taipei and Kimpton Da An will recognise your IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite status and provide benefits accordingly subject to availability. This includes 10am check-in, late check-out and room upgrades.

Assuming if this is the case going forward, then it is going to be just one IC hotel in HK (that is, IC Grand Stanford Hotel) when I travel to HK, once the current IC HK is rebranded to Regent HK.

Really hope that they will fold at least, Regent hotel into IC AMB programme.
i received a welcome to Kimpton email today that states in part:

Something special arrived in the mail for you recently: your invitation to become an InterContinental®Royal Ambassador. As a member of this exclusive group of our most loyal members, and someone we truly appreciate, we’re also excited to welcome you into the exclusive Kimpton® Inner Circle for 2019. As an extension of IHG® Rewards Club Spire Elite status, Kimpton Inner Circle is reserved for our most valued members.