FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France's new strategy: focus on premium segment
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:45 am
mlin32

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
No you're not, I'm right there with you. I have chosen AF for longhaul in the past because I know the Y product is better. And I've been glad I did so.

I don't think they will go BoB, it's just not in their DNA. I think it will be a question of reducing other services, such as champagne (which is available in Y on AF), meal quality, magazines and papers which still seem to be available to all.
But the champagne and meal quality are points of differentiation for me. Otherwise, their 10-across Y cabine isn't particularly comfortable and we know there is already the Eco-Light fare without a checked bag on TATL. I do appreciate that their intra-Europe fleet still has seats with cushioning and USB power; much better than the similar offering from LH (slimline seats = cardboard box)

I guess if I had to suggest something to cut (I work in accounting, I know there is nothing free !), I could do away with the free press/magazines. It's nice, but I would be okay paying at the kiosk for my copy of Le Monde. But that's drops in a very large bucket of savings to fill. Otherwise, maybe reevaluate the profitability of some routes, maybe trim some back ?