FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:42 am
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by djdubb
Hello, and thanks for reading. I just officially joined here, but have lurked off and on for years. Great site and I'd love to contribute more.

My question is regarding my Marriott/SPG lifetime status statistics. When exactly is my year count in respective tiers supposed to change? Is it MY anniversary date? Does it change at calendar year end? Does it change instantly when you reach a certain tier in a respective year? For example - I currently show 5 yrs. silver, 4 yrs. gold, and 4 yrs. platinum. These numbers have remained the same since the big changes several months back (August?). I had not reached platinum status for 2018 by when those changes occurred, but was later in the fall. Therefore I was sort of expecting to be at 6/5/5 after January 1, 2019, but was obviously not the case. Would be nice to know exactly when the year counts hit.
Most if not all who crossed a threshold after the August cutover have not seen their LT year counters change yet. We're expecting a sweep, possibly later this month, to update all those totals. It's Marriott IT, so no guarantees, but know that you are not alone.