FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:26 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
My colleague has contacted BA and Heathrow who both confirmed the cancellations were not a result of Heathrow ATC slot reductions, but a proactive move by BA.

I think the tectonic plates are shifting in this area and whereas a few years ago I would say that you have zero chance, now I'm much less certain since we are seeing more use of the "all reasonable measures" aspect of EC261. I doubt BA would just give you the money however, I'd only embark on this if you were willing to go to at least CEDR on the matter, or MCOL, otherwise it would be a waste of everyone's time. Having said that, when I looked at the cancellations on that day, they seemed to have been fairly clever to have alternate flights within the 2 - 3 hour time window in many cases.