FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:45 am
felines3

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Delta
Unhappy Horrible customer service

I am a lifetime platinum. 20+ years. CS at the end of last year and most recently (this week) has been terrible. Most recently, I received confirmation for a Starwood resort in Costa Rica - but dates were wrong and the email was written with poor grammer, so I was worried about hacking, given the recent issues. I called to ask and the CS rep said... 'stop talking. I'm going to do the talking here. I'm looking at this.' She had no idea what to do. After waiting, I asked for her name... nicely... and she hung up on me. I called back. Explained what happened. Got nowhere. My second experience this week... I made reservations using points earlier this week for early Jan 2020 using my app. I called with a general property question and CS said, 'I don't think points are allowed for reservations for that property at that time... I said, I already did, and that I was not calling about that. When my page refreshed, my reservation dates were altered/shortened. And not by me.
If I were just starting out in my business, and this were my experience... twice in one week, no less... I would never choose Marriott.
Well, that's my venting for the year. Sorry. Just so disappointing and frustrating.