FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt & Small Luxury Hotels Of The World Announce Partnership MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:31 am
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
It's a head-scratcher. I'm a big Hyatt fan and normally go well out of my way to stay / book via Hyatt. I would normally write, "It's always worth it," but this SLH thing has me puzzled. So far, I have not seen cases (where I was actually looking for rooms, not searching widely to make or refute a point) where it makes sense to book through Hyatt. The Globalist benefits don't carry over in any reasonable way, especially given the existing SLH benefits. In fact, if I was reading correctly, the late checkout is 2pm via Hyatt ... and 3pm via SLH. I mean, sure -- when it gets late in the year, and one is counting down toward 55 or 60 nights, or some other specific target, a calculation of excess hotel room cost vs. opportunity cost / annoyance of manufacturing key end-year nights via Chase WoH credit card spend might tip the balance to booking via Hyatt instead of SLH. But this early in the year, I am disinclined to pay extra as against that event.

Which brings me to your question: I'm guessing that, no, Hyatt isn't going to move in that direction. I'm thinking both parties were / are trying to get something for close to nothing without getting too far into other's business -- thus, that this isn't that important to Hyatt.

But -- seriously -- what do I know?
I agree. I've been impressed with most Hyatt decisions over the past year or so, except the C&P devaluation (another one I don't understand... why not let the properties decide what they want to offer as many were happy to offer C&P at the previous rates), but anyway, but this one blows, too.

For us loyalists, its a slap in the face that they expect us to book at Hyatt.com and the rates don't AT LEAST mirror those available from SLH directly... How stupid do they think we are? The tiny number of participating properties is also a major disappointment and it's hard to understand why they AREN'T participating! Even with a % going to Hyatt it looks like they are getting the same or better rates than they get from their own reservation system! Who wouldn't want that?

All hype and no substance/value. Thanks Hyatt!