FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:44 am
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Raynyan

I personally communicated with IHG Service and got a detailed explanation.
According to explanation, some Royal Ambassador residents in regional markets where have Kimpton hotels have been given a Inner Circle status to make them more experiences at Kimpton properties. Yes, this is a kind of the regional promotion.

However, I still think this is unfair. I understand the regional promotion is one of the effective marketing method. I don’t mind if the regional promotion is just gives a bonus point. But if the benefit is a highest status, it’s NOT acceptable coz it directly gives a impact to experiences at Kimpton properties.

It will definitely gives a impact to my stay activities. Of course, as a Royal Ambassador, I give a priority to InterContinental. But if the destination cities which do not have InterContinental properties, but have Kimpton, I will NOT choose Kimpton since I felt I received unfair treatment.

I hope IHG to provide Inner Circle status at least all of renewed RA members.

This is exactly my approach too. Once the dust settles I will reach out to the execs and say look, I'll stay at ICs, but unless I have IC I will choose Hyatt over Kimpton since there's obviously no reason to stay at Kimptons for me without IC.