FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GS Qualifying for 2019 Discussion / Questions
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:01 am
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by SFOdelayed

It’s completely up to you to decide how you want to spend your money, but I doubt anyone here would agree with your assessment that the incremental benefits of GS over 1K are “minuscule”.
100% agree. I put a LOT of value on having peace of mind when I travel with the GS next flight guarantee. Going 1 year without this last year was tough, and I had a few irrops situations which cost me 24+ hours having to wait until first available seat, and then having to play the standby game.

There is also a lot to be said for the level of support I get from GS agents (not to say anything bad about the 1K agents because they are also quite resourceful for the most part).

Being schlepped across the airport in the Benz to make a connection I otherwise would have missed is also very nice.

Award redemption benefits of converting T space into XN, and then being able to use GPU / RPU to upgrade award tickets is HUGE.

Upgrade priority is markedly better.

For anyone out there that says the incremental benefits are "miniscule" ... you need to re-assess that statement.