FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I use the First Wing @ T5?
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:08 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by chris87

Presumably the point is that OP really wants to get into the Flounge (with the F Wing as an added benefit)? And if you’re going to go through the credential check, you may as well do that at the F Wing (rather than the other Flounge entrance)?
… but my point is that precisely, those credential checks are not equivalent. Going through the normal fast track, OP would need to explain their circumstances once, at the entrance of the F lounge to people who normally know eligibility well. Going through the F wings, it is potentially three times that they would go through checks where their credentials would not be "obvious": the entrance to the F wing, and then two consecutive scans which I believe would normally beep red. That's assuming that the OP is travelling HBO as otherwise a fourth potential discussion could occur at the check in counter. In my view, the main entrance to the F wing will be no problem as the OP could just waive the card. The two scans are next to each other so it is possible that he could in principle be waived through the second after discussing the first, but in my view, the discussion will be a bit less cursory than the entrance of the lounge though it is just a guess.

There is of course not much between the two, but my point is that at most times there isn't much between using F wing or normal fast track - in fact, as someone fully eligible to use the F wing, I often pick the North fast track instead and I couldn't say that it is any slower, if anything, the route is even more straightforward for me (but in fairness my destination as I have the CCR card I don't have the addition of going down and up from normal security).