FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 787 SJC Cancellations
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:54 am
bhdcommuter

Programs: BA Silver, Le Club Accor Hotels Silver, Marriott Gold
Was due to operate out on the 279 on 9th Feb and back on the 278 on 12th Feb. I received a roster change yesterday due to the cancellation, however no reason was given. From talking to other crew it appears that the crew in SJC due to operate back on 9th are flying back via SFO and not staying any extra nights. The week before the 787 rotation to LA is cancelled so I suspect, but can’t be sure the reason is due to the 787 engine problems. From an operational point of view these flights are easy to cancel given LA has a further 2 flights a day and SFO has 2 flights daily.

The future of SJC is interesting, given Lufthansa is stopping it’s service, BA is the only direct service to Europe so should benefit from connecting traffic. My own personal experience having operated to SJC 8 times in the last 8 weeks is, it’s either a feast or famine. Last week the loads on my outbound were commercially disappointing (less than 110 pax) however the crew taking our flight straight back had a full flight.