FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 787 SJC Cancellations
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:26 am
rapidex

Originally Posted by brp
Interesting, thanks. But, if this were the case (and I'm not doubting), what would be the justification for a cancellation say 6-8 months out? If this one airframe were inoperative for that long, why schedule the flight, just to cancel on a particular day, but have it scheduled for the next day? And then reinstate the flight at a later date?

I'm glad to hear your assessment as we very much like this route. I'm just trying to understand the far advanced timing on these actions.

Cheers.
I did say including. Other aircraft are minus 1 engine, mandated inspections are required at much shorter intervals until replacement engines with a fix are supplied by Rolls Royce.The result is a shortage of aircraft to operate the route network for some time to come. Cancellations are being shared on different route, Doha and LAX are 2 that spring to mind.

This is a world wide problem with a number of airlines. Norwegan have 2 B787's at BHX without engines, ANA are also affected. There is nothing wrong with the route performance.