FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:24 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Air Houston

When I was a 1K in 2018, I was on several flights where I was the only GS/1K to pre-board. I have also seen ERJ-175s where 8 or more GS’s pre-boarded. The system isn’t going to work equally well for all flights unless there is way more flexibility in it, which most of us probably wouldn’t want because frequent travelers seem to hate inconsistency nearly as much as any particular policies.

Unless GS and 1K passengers are departing United hubs on UA flights and returning on other airlines at a significant rate (which I doubt is the case) there should be the same number of GS and 1K’s on flights from out stations to hubs as there are on flights from hubs to out stations. UA doesn’t have many flights that don’t touch a hub, so nearly every UA flight is either from a hub, to a hub, or both.
I flew to and from Japan with a GS this past weekend. On the way there, we boarded when they called GS (great process at SFO, by the way). On the way back, we arrived at the gate a bit after they called "all groups".

I guess we were more eager to leave SFO than Japan.