FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:18 pm
Air Houston

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

Well, contrary to appearances at hubs, there might be zero 1Ks at out stations. Can’t clog up one of 2 boarding lines with no one. On occasion mid-week OGG-LAX, I’ve observed no GS or 1Ks take advantage of pre-board privilege.
When I was a 1K in 2018, I was on several flights where I was the only GS/1K to pre-board. I have also seen ERJ-175s where 8 or more GS’s pre-boarded. The system isn’t going to work equally well for all flights unless there is way more flexibility in it, which most of us probably wouldn’t want because frequent travelers seem to hate inconsistency nearly as much as any particular policies.

Unless GS and 1K passengers are departing United hubs on UA flights and returning on other airlines at a significant rate (which I doubt is the case) there should be the same number of GS and 1K’s on flights from out stations to hubs as there are on flights from hubs to out stations. UA doesn’t have many flights that don’t touch a hub, so nearly every UA flight is either from a hub, to a hub, or both.