FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:34 pm
geminidreams

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Racking my brain trying to think of something.... Two drinks per stay compared to unlimited drinks daily during designated late afternoon/early evening hours at other properties. Suite upgrades which are unlikely at best. Don't get me started. How is this hotel not at or near the bottom of higher end (4+ star) Marriott hotels in Bangkok for PLT guests?
I have not stayed there for a couple of years as my location has changed and I dont go through Bangkok very often now. I have stayed at the W a couple of times and both were very pleasant. The breakfast is good and I enjoy the ambiance. I was upgraded to a Jnr suite once and used SNAs for a Marvelous suite another time. Both rooms were very comfortable. I was given the two drink vouchers and a half price drink offer. It is not generous but I am not a big drinker however the cocktails at the bar are very spectacular and at half price beat anything you will get at that price elsewhere. My wife took a lot of photos drinking these drinks. At the time I stayed which was once in January and once in April I was paying 3300 baht on a BRG. at that price I was pretty happy with the value I received and would stay again if the value is there. Then again I have stayed at all the old SPG properties except the LMS and the only stay I did not like was one at the 4P.