FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Properties with Bonus Point Package higher than 5,000 points
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:11 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Scuba, does it state anywhere in terms and conditions that 10k bonus points packages are not qualifying points? The rate details for both the 10k and 5k are the same terms.

Also I did the live online chat and the agent told me they would get these switched to qualifying. Then the email I got was from a totally different agent. So there was 2 agents that did that for me.

Last year for me the 10k points posted directly as qualifying.

Not saying you are wrong....just seems like IHG should mandate all hotels post in their terms they are not qualifying.

I will achieve spire anyway without the 10k point packages so its not that huge deal to me. Be interesting to see what happens and I will keep everyone updated.
It is all in the IHG main t+c's etc, actually in multiple places, main t+c's, and the terms for booking the official IHG EQP Bonus points "packages". So, no, points are only EQP if stated in such offers that they will be given out as EQP.

You can not infer anywhere that the lack of a statement makes this ambiguous, shops/businesses etc will list and tell you an "extra positivse" ie what something gives you, you can never infer that because description did not state a lack of something you want (in this case EQP) that they will be. It is the other way arounf, the fact the positive in description is missing means they are not.