FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E-Upgrades for a Newbie
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:29 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JetLife
Thanks for the info. I had never seen a chart like that indicating the credits required so it is very helpful.

I usually buy Standard fares. How do I know which of the 3 types of Standard ticket it is?
I'm a bit lazy at the moment so I don't have any screen grabs for you to look at ( ), but you can find out the fare details near the end of the booking where it breaks down ad nauseum every single rule/detail/restriction of the fare, including the fare basis. The first letter of the fare basis is called the fare class and that's the letter you go by (you already know you've selected a Standard Fare by this point, as other fares might share the same fare class letter as a Standard Fare).

But if there is a specific Standard Fare class that you want to purchase and you can't get the website to give it to you automatically, then you'd have to call into AC to request the specific fare. Not all fares are available to agents, as some are web-only fares.

Of course, I'm assuming you're using the air canada website to book... if you use other tools such as concur or other corporate stuff, or a TA/OTA/etc., then I can't comment on their user interfaces and workflow.