FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt & Small Luxury Hotels Of The World Announce Partnership MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:03 am
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
It's a head-scratcher. I'm a big Hyatt fan and normally go well out of my way to stay / book via Hyatt. I would normally write, "It's always worth it," but this SLH thing has me puzzled. So far, I have not seen cases (where I was actually looking for rooms, not searching widely to make or refute a point) where it makes sense to book through Hyatt. The Globalist benefits don't carry over in any reasonable way, especially given the existing SLH benefits. In fact, if I was reading correctly, the late checkout is 2pm via Hyatt ... and 3pm via SLH. I mean, sure -- when it gets late in the year, and one is counting down toward 55 or 60 nights, or some other specific target, a calculation of excess hotel room cost vs. opportunity cost / annoyance of manufacturing key end-year nights via Chase WoH credit card spend might tip the balance to booking via Hyatt instead of SLH. But this early in the year, I am disinclined to pay extra as against that event.

Which brings me to your question: I'm guessing that, no, Hyatt isn't going to move in that direction. I'm thinking both parties were / are trying to get something for close to nothing without getting too far into other's business -- thus, that this isn't that important to Hyatt.

But -- seriously -- what do I know?