FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:50 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Then how is that a "continental breakfast benefit"? No one is asking them to give away 2 free buffets every day.

I really don't understand why they can get away with this, and all their previous machinations of "breakfast only at night", "breakfast only for room service"...ridiculous. $15 per person is pretty standard, just take it off every day there is any kind of restaurant charge and be done with it.
Well, I'm "asking" for the free buffet (many other Hilton hotels include it), but I don't think I'll receive it from these guys.

But, yes, this is wrong. If there's supposed to be a specified loyalty program benefit, that benefit should exist. I am still wondering if it's possible to order a muffin for $15, and that's their defense.

And I still don't understand why the breakfast benefit has to change every month or so. I mean, really. Given the room rates this place charges, is it really that important for them to focus so much attention on this modest elite benefit and constantly change it?