FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2018 onwards)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:52 pm
cheaptom

Hi,
My landlord management company recently sent out a notice about accepting e-payments for the first time. She included their address and a bank account number. She said a few other tenants are already paying via their bank's bill pay portal, but the tenant's bank mails a physical check to the landlord's address.. So I asked her about accepting e-transfers like Plastiq and similar services, and she said this:

"I’m not sure if they can send electronically since we are not a national vendor like the big retailers or credit card companies"

So my question is this: Assume I use Plastiq to try to pay them electronically, and something goes wrong. Even though I have the landlord's account number, say the e-transfer fails. Is my credit card still charged only upon a successful transfer?? Can I set up Plastiq so that sending a written check becomes a backup plan in case my landlord's account does not allow the e-payment to come in?

I understand that Plastiq allows me to choose a paper check or an e-transfer.