FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY (master thread July 2017 onwards)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:26 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dcht
I am looking to Book Etihad F JFK-AUH in late November via AA. I searched AUH-JFK-AUH on Etihad.com and I see 2 seats JFK-AUH. Tried calling US, Australia, and Singapore and none of them could see the seats. Anything I'm doing wrong here?
Unfortunately, I don't think so. You might tell the group here what times of day you're calling. That conceivably could affect which offices you're connecting to (since for Australia, I believe, you're actually getting connected to an off-site location in Fiji or Trinidad...I've lost track of that information), and in turn whether the phone reps can see the flight availability. You may just have to try again at different hours, particularly for Australia. Hope it all works out.

Edited to add: Hadn't seen Lobo's very useful comment when I posted. You're best bet indeed might be to keep trying different CSRs with different calls.