FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How would YOU improve T5 - radical ideas to reboot BA’s “home”
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:15 pm
tigertanaka

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
My twopenneth:
  • Sort out the need for baggage scanning when connecting on from a flight from a trusted country
  • If we must have baggage scanning for connecting flights, let's have a proper fast-track lane that doesn't open up the tensa-barrier and let a family of 8 people on their annual holiday in front of me when I am at the top of the escalator. It is crazy that TFW is the quicker route through security at busy times
  • Reduce the MCT on Domestic > XXX flights that are entirely within T5 (a saving of 10 minutes compared to the other way around)
  • New toilets in Galleries N & S (I like the idea of urinals too). I can't think of another airport in the world where the lounge toilets are worse than those in the main terminal
  • An indication of what gate S/H flights within T5A are likely to take off from (maybe on the BA app rather than on the screens?) If I have 20 minutes to get a drink in the lounge, I would prefer to pick the lounge nearer my departure gate.
  • Abolish the pointless "gate open" information (although many airports are guilty of this)
  • Have some more accessible shops for my wallet - apart from WHS & Boots, the rest seem to be aimed at the Arabian Petrodollar/Russian Oligarch market