FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - up to March 2022
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:26 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I think being able to enjoy 2E-L lounge is worth a bit of a schedule disturbance having been there when it was even only partially open.

I hope my flight in two weeks or so won't have this issue. 2F lounges are nowhere near as nice a place to be.

As for NS - I don't know how bad the situation got around midday - at one point, the NS website just told me route planner can not be used due to weather circumstances - but by 5 (as well as in the morning), the only major effect seemed to have been fuller trains due to partial cancellation, even though to their credit they were pretty much all 10-12 cars long. Delays were minimal, mostly attributable to longer times in the stations due to masses of people getting in and out. Come to think of it, that might have been why I've seen cancelled sprinters with an extra train just couple of minutes later - could have just been that extra padding in schedule made to show up in planners.

Oh, and also I just missed my chance to take a peek at snow-covered Schiphol, I arrived about 15 minutes after terrace closure :/