FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - up to March 2022
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:09 am
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by AlvinMaker
Not to get too far off-topic, but I confirm, departures at CDG are quite messy today, my flight simply disappeared from the departure board, the lounge dragon said they "can confirm the plane didn't leave" but have "no information on its departure". Later they estimated two hours delay, then three, and it looks like we'll be departing two hours late. Many other flights are canceled or heavily delayed due to "difficulties in finding a slot" according to the PSL.
Yes I had the same with my Finnair arrival about 10 minutes late. Apparently there wasn't a suitable slot ready at 2D Schengen so we parked at an air bridge further down 2D where normally extra-Schengen flights depart. We could disembark by air bridge but were led immediately by stairs down to a bus to do a 20 minute tour around some roundabouts of CDG only to be... dropped off at an air bridge or two further at 2D where the plane arrived! Talk about utter CDG crap and inexplicable transits.

I also found it weird that in the end we still had to pass through passport control - unless I might have missed something and France has recently temporarily introduced border checks again.

At least all other flights for the evening here out of terminal 2E (L gates) seem to depart on time. I might complain about AMS operations a lot, but CDG can be a whole mess on its own! (although a complimentary Clarins facial massage, private sauna, and a glass of Charles Heidsieck or two at the AF lounge makes you forget about it all

Note: Dutchies will understand the bit of sarcasm in above picture with the newspaper headline