FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Former SPG Hotels Leaving Marriott
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:06 am
Handcake

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Of course, but I don't think this list includes any of the horrendous Sheratons that were de-flagged by Marriott when the owner refused to make the renovations that Marriott is forcing upon the Sheratons worldwide.
I believe the Sheraton Tianjin, China most likely fits this bill. I did a week stay there in 2018 when it was still a Sheraton. I can't find that hotel anymore when searching Tianjin, or in my app "stay again" doesn't do anything when I click on it.

The hotel was old and really reminded me of a typical Chinese hotel, not something I would expect with the Sheraton name on it. Also, I always book non-smoking rooms and it was evidenced that people had smoked inside. Cigarette burns on the counter in the washroom and the smell of smoke in the room. Rooms are like 20 years old. Again, nothing I would expect with the SPG brand, especially in Asia.

Honestly, I'm glad if subpar hotels are being kicked out. I book Marriott/SPG properties expecting a level of service and experience. If I don't get that, I feel like I've wasted my money.