FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A330 NEO Consolidated Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:06 pm
Dawgfan6291

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

Delta employees refer to the 330 and 350 as the "trash panda".
yeah because it looks like a raccoon. Not for the reason you so desperately hope.

and they don't refer to current 330s as trash panda for obvious reasons.
Originally Posted by ab2013
LAX TPAC? Don't see SEA supporting A339neos on TPAC except for NRT and maybe ICN now - maybe 5 years down the road as Seattle grows, though it's hard to imagine it supporting more growth because it's already bursting at the seams.
May not see it but I'd be willing to bet it happens.....and fairly quickly. (and the 76T fleet quickly re-configured into 76Zs)

Originally Posted by socalflying
Because a "trash panda" is a raccoon, which the paint job gives the appearance of.
Read the pilot thread mentioned in a later post by rwyr. There are both positive and negative posts, it is not universally bad. Here's a link in case anyone's interested. Sounds like any other work place, some people griping, some happy. Meh.
Thats because Delta (like all airlines) have pro-Boeing and pro-Airbus pilots. Typical of any airline.

I have yet to hear of anyone who "wants off of it". Because of the way Delta brought the plane in they had captains make in the very high 6 figure and I've heard of some 7 figure guys on the airplane.
I don't believe anyone bid it, then decided they hate it and hate money as well.