FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA 179 (EWR-HKG) 19 Jan 2019 diverted YYR , passengers stuck on board for 13 hours
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:55 pm
IAHMCI

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by narvik
So this actually has me wondering: how WOULD this scenario affect the pay of the United crew? Do they get paid original block-time? Door closed?
This might also be pretty horrible for the crew, I guess. Hadn't considered that before.
one of the FA's told me their duty time would end when the last passenger left the plane. I would presume they close to 22 hrs of pay
Originally Posted by j2simpso

My guess is $200 eMCO and possibly a one time pass to the UC for use in EWR. Hopefully there was a FTer on the flight who will post this to the compensation thread. The big inconvenience is arriving there at least a day after original scheduled arrival and that’s assuming when they land in EWR they don’t have to clear immigration re-check bags and await a new flight to get them to HKG.

-James
i got a call from UA today. My compensation is a $500 travel certificate and a full refund.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 21, 2019 at 5:58 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member