FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Merged)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:09 pm
mander

Programs: UA 1K MM
Last month I had an interesting choice involving a missed connection. I write now to get advice on whether I should have chosen differently.

Wife and I were flying ***-DEN and then DEN-OGG. The first flight took a weather delay and we missed our OGG flight. I was on an F ticket and wife was on Y with separate records. I had bought F as I needed the PQM to requalify as a 1K.

My wife was rebooked on the next flight to SFO and then the last flight of the day SFO-OGG. I wasn't rebooked on the first DEN-SFO flight because F was not available. I was booked on the flight after to SFO in F and then F on the same flight as my wife to OGG.

Now my question. If I had ASKED to be put in Economy on the first DEN-SFO could I have claimed ORC and thus gotten the F bonus that would have put me over for 1K? I opted not to take that chance and did make the 38 minute connection in SFO (I know insanity).

TIA