FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club at Kimpton Hotels Experiences 2019
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:39 pm
bimmerfreak0

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Kimpton Cardinal

Kimpton Cardinal - Winston-Salem, NC

What is your Rewards Club status? Spire Elite and Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes (and I've stayed there many times)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked base room double queen on gov't rate ($110 after taxes) and received a suite upgrade.

How are the rooms? Well laid out, very tall ceilings. Bathroom is huge. Tub integrated with shower but looked amazing. Something out of a catalog. Wish the TV's were bigger. I think they were 43" TV's.

[if you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? They missed the mark this time. I asked for ginger beer (which is really easy to find anywhere honestly). I received some nasty Indian Tonic Water and Perrier sparkling water, neither of which I drink. I also received an assorted plate of cheeses and meats which was welcomed.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? I took two soda's and small water.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? Both my wife and me received a tasting...some kind of pork fat, pickled radish thingy that, while small, was delicious.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? N/A

What was good and what was bad? Valet drop off is awkward given that the hotel is corner lot. Fortunately Winston-Salem is never too busy. Front desk staff is always amazing. They have a bowling alley. A full fledged double lane professional bowling alley. Need I say more?

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Poor value on points at 40-50k but for a paid stay I think it's one of the best in the system. Highly recommended.