FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - first greece trip ... Amanzoe and ??
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:12 pm
david55

Originally Posted by Lebron2323
We are struggling with a similar question now - what to pair with Zoe.

right now we are thinking of doing Blue Palace on Crete for three days, then Zoe for four, and then the next Four Seasons on Astir peninsula for two days before flying back.

We have a young son (2 yo) so it’s just easier for us to stay in resort type places (eg we much preferred FS Bosphorus in Istanbul vs Sultanahmet), and we’re hoping to find a similar vibe at the new FS.

However, one hiccup on our plans is that we can’t go until Mid October (we’d be at Zoe between the 14 th and 18th of October). Is it crazy to go during this time? It coincides with the Zoe end of year discount (half board included) which seems like a great deal, but I’m wondering if it is nuts to spend the money at a time when the weather might stink. I think last year the deal started October 1, which seems better.

One of the reasons we are thinking about Crete is that it’s farther south; anyone else have recommendations for warmer weather locales at this time in the Greek isles? We just did Santorini so not interested in going back. Dimes of Elounda is another place with pretty good reviews but there are a bunch of reviews about how the pools aren’t warm enough...

Thank you!!
Greece ( and Crete) are still lovely in October. You might want to do a search. There was a thread recently about Blue Palace vs. Domes..... and I think Domes was the clear favorite. We have not stayed at Domes but spent 4 nights at the Blue Palace. Found it cold and impersonal and I HATED the funicular that takes you up and down the hillside. So f'ing slow. We are returning to that area this April but have rented a villa above the resort.