FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:25 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yeunganson
The SPG lifetime metal card is my bookshelf and has sentimental value of the road travelled.

The annual make your own SPG card has the 1-800 number of the Platinum Concerge of North America and some oversea ones. I customized it so I have the Japan and Hong Kong line (most frequently places) . I also have two of my flight most frequent flyer number that I use.

The card use to be in my wallet and I use the hotel phone to dial and call for reservations and modifications It's just something I like to have.

Marriott should provide an option for us life-timers to buy a titanium lifetime card for personal celebration

Allow us to order a customized plastic one like the SPG mycard if we want one.
​​​​
I would hope that Starriott will issue some sort of permanent lifetime cards when Bonvoy starts. Since titanium is cheap now, they could to LTPP in titanium metal, for instance.

BTW, previous MR lifetime cards were plastic like the annual cards. The only difference was no expiration date. SPG LTG was the standard plastic card with lifetime indicated. Similarly, if a SPG LTG earned Plat for the year, one got the standard Plat plastic card, but IIRC it also said LTG.