FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue Doesn't Listen to its Loyal Customers
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:21 pm
BbTrumpet

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Plat., UA, NZ
How can you differentiate not listening vs. willing and able to make those changes?

I work in software... there's plenty of tech companies that don't prioritize (or don't have resources for) rehabilitating legacy systems. B6 is just an airline, an industry with thin margins and high overhead across the board. It's quite likely they don't have the budget to make all the changes we'd like (and I'm sure many of them would like to do too).

As far as Mosaic, of course I would like to get a free Mint upgrade certificate every year, who wouldn't? (EMS upgrades are more or less already in place, but for ~1000 points on a transcon, if I have to fly Y, that's a no-brainer for me to get an aisle seat for certain ahead of time).

But you gotta look at this from their perspective? The Mosaic program doesn't exist to hand out free stuff (don't forget how many people have comp Mosaic status through their company - that's a lot of handouts). I'm sure if they knew (or thought) that adding Mosaic tiers or more freebies would drive more revenue to the airline, they would make these changes.

Just my two cents.

(What I'd really love is a bigger west coast network so I can fly them instead of legacies out here. But that ship likely sailed when Alaska won the VX bid.)