FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:18 am
GlenP

Programs: FB, OK+, MS, TK, Le Club, HH
Sorry to have to ask, but I'm looking to book the inaugural IST - LXR service, in late September, and I've decided to overnight in Istanbul on the 22nd, so as to avoid the risk of missing the morning MAN - IST flight, on 23/09 due to the rush hour traffic through the M61 - M60 - M62 junctions, that has got worse since they introduced the "Smart Motorway"; rush hour actually starts at approximately 06:00 and it can take over 1/5 hours to cover less than 20 miles.

I've booked the Airport Pullman, for a ridiculously low rate, thanks to using some of the Le Club points I've acquired over the years, but I'll need to partake of late check-out.

I've only ever transited airside at IST and need to know if there's a maximum time before your flight departs when they will let you into departures and airside? I know that Egyptian airports, who've had the same sort of security arrangements as are now reported at IST, i.e. scanning before entering the terminal, in addition to the normal scans, and they only permit entry to departures as the check-in desk open for your flight, so I don't want to be stood outside the terminal, like a spare part, waiting to be able to enter.

Additionally, can anyone advise on whether I'll have to collect my luggage and check it in again the next day, even if the flights are booked on a single ticket?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide answers to these questions.