FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Bangkok {THA}
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:44 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by escape4
I have stayed countless times at Millenium Hilton. I can often get the panoramic suite overlooking the river (guaranteed Diamond upgrade at time of booking for 1k THB) 80+ square meters, 1.5 bath, lounge access, all that for less than 4k THB for some dates. At WA you would pay twice as much for the basic room, maybe no suite upgrade (and if you do, it's smaller than MH with lesser views), and no lounge. In return you get a far superior hard product at WA - in a completely different league. I think it all depends what you value but for me if I consider what you get for the money, Millenium Hilton beats WA although I have not seen WA myself (just relying on reports here) so my opinion is not rock solid.

For the rest of your rankings for value, I agree that MH > Hilton Suk > Conrad.
For many though the south of the river location in suboptimal. For my needs in town even the other side of the river is a pain, so there is a certain amount of location pricing too. The Millennium Hilton can be great value but the travel pain is too great for it to be where many will want to base themselves. Whereas Rajadamri is a great and quite central location for both Business and key shopping/entertainment districts.

Whilst I really quite dislike the IC Bangkok it tends to be my go to place given the relatively good value suites plus recognition package as a RA. The WA and St Regis come next for me followed by the SGS.