FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Upgrade Success (Or Lack Thereof)
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:43 pm
dave456

Weird Upgrade Problems Starting This Year

I've run into some strange first class medallion upgrade request issues this year. I had a flight from JFK to SEA. I noticed something looked odd on the upgrade request a few days before hand, I unchecked the request to clear it out, then checked to request the upgrade again. The upgrade immediately cleared (about 3 days in advance). This week I have a flight from SFO to MCO via LAX. Both segments show "Upgraded to Comfort+, Upgrade Requested for". As in the upgrade is "requested" but it doesn't indicate what it's for. Has anyone seen this happen? If I try to clear and re-request the upgrade via the web, it errors out. The Delta app (Android) seems to work properly and shows upgrade requests for first. I called the Diamond desk and they insist that I'm on the list. But there are an abundance of seats available on the LAX to MCO segment, but still not clearing (< 4 days out). I guess they could be holding those seats for sale, but 9 open seats seems quite high for not having any upgrade inventory.