FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Philippine Airlines J class review LHR-HKG via MNL.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:34 pm
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Interesting report, it's been a while since I've flown PR and I still won't long haul due to lack of alliance benefits. I remember one time sitting in the old 'First Class' on a business class ticket after first was phased out. It was a 747-400 and the upper deck lav leaking something which came straight through the floor creating a waterfall in the 'First' seating area. Lovely experience.

I really have to agree, I don't understand why airlines always want to serve breakfast when the arrival time isn't breakfast at either the arrival or departure locations. Seems a time appropriate meal would better aclimate one's body to the new time, plus I hate omelets and typical breakfast food.

Originally Posted by endet
Thanks for the trip report, much appreciated.
Hopefully one day MNL will be relocated into a different spot where there is space for additional runway and a better terminal operation.
The terrible international transfer experience at MNL has nothing to do with the current airport or runways, they just don't care enough to 'do it right' like every other major airport in Asia. The only other major airport in Asia that I can describe as being similarly absurd is PVG in T2 where you have to still clear immigration, customs, and re-check in for INT-INT transfers (most airlines, a very few are exempted). At MNL, having to re-enter at a gate instead of in the main terminal is just plain stupid and lack of planning, having to wait if the gate is occupied with a departing flight is plain asinine.