FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vueling Barcelona to Seville Spain
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:59 am
beachfan

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Your typical US roll-aboard won't be allowed on Vueling or any other European low cost carrier. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you end up paying a fortune to gate-check your roll-aboard. The rules are clear, but nobody can really say whether they will be enforced on your specific flight.

I tend to prefer Ryanair ex-BCN (when there is no major alliance option) because T2 is more convenient for the train from the city and there are far fewer flights (so fewer check-in queues). And with Ryanair once you've paid for priority boarding it is actually enforced and you can rely on overhead bin space for your appropriately-sized bag.

Iberia Express involves a connection in MAD so you'd be better off on the train most likely, unless you have Oneworld status.
I'm looking at EAS-PMI via BCN for $112 each one way on an IB code share operated by Vueling, (4 hrs 10 minutes with an 2 hr 10 minute connection in BCN) vs. $207 each one way on Iberia (operated by Air Nostrom from EAS-MAD and Iberia Express MAD-PMI) (4 hrs 45 minutes with a 2hr 5 minute connection in MAD).

Both tickets include one carry-on and one checked bag. I was all set to go Vueling based on the shorter flight time but now that I read the Avoid Vueling thread, I'm having second thoughts.

Is booking the Vueling flight under the IB code share more of a probem in case of IRROPS? Or will I have more options (i.e., going through Madrid) in case of IRROPS if booked through Iberia. The IB codeshare is cheaper for the Optima ticket, but not the basic ticket (not offered on IB website). Given I want seat assignment, I don't think the Basic Vueling is an option.

Any other comments?

Last edited by beachfan; Jan 20, 2019 at 12:32 pm