FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit Hotel versus other hotel
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:20 am
YuropFlyer

For 26 hours, I'd not even think about staying airside (unless your passport doesn't allow entry into Singapore without an (expensive) visa.

You say 26hrs, but "evening arrival" and "morning 26hrs later" - doesn't make sense to me, unless you consider something like a 1am arrival evening and 3am departure morning? Whats the exact schedule?

If you've absolutely no interest in experiencing Singapore again (there is much more to see than what you can in just a few days ) of course you could stay airside, but keep in mind that the transfer hotels charge "by the hour", and staying more there than their "regular sleeping time plans" will be very expensive.

Really depends what your exact schedule will be. With a late evening arrival and early morning departure 2 days later, you could, for example, book a 8hrs airside hotel (cheaper than a "regular" hotel landside), then leave airside, use a hotel in the Expo area (near the airport, often really good hotel deals available there) as your "base" (since that will be another 18hrs or so) and do some other acitvities you might have missed out in Eastern Singapore. Or just enjoy the facilitities nearby. And then, after another proper night's rest, head to the airport early in the morning.

But as said, exact flying times will/would matter on my decisions, too. And what's your budget like.