FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone done a transfer from SFO international to domestic?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:53 am
dhuey
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by docbert
At that time I wouldn't even bother checking International. It's right before the Asia/Pacific flight times, and the odds of it being faster than domestic is low. What's more, it's that time of day when the checkpoint seems to be filled with people that have never actually been to an airport before, and are surprised by the fact they can't take their full-sized tube of toothpaste or bottle of chicken soup with them onto the plane, or that they need to take their thongs off before going into the x-ray!

The only reason I'd suggest using Intl at that time of night is if you're headed to the Polaris lounge. The checkpoint in T3 nearest to international will be closed by then, so it'll be a bit of a hike to go over to the next one and then all the way back.
I agree with all of the above, except that the OP will be walking right past International-G security on the way to Terminal 3 (no point in taking Airtrain one stop). OP can take a look and if the line is short go in there. I agree, though, that the line is likely to be much longer than over at Terminal 3-E that time of night.