FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where are you going next?
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:59 pm
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Valveking
‘I am gonna need a report on FS Surfside and the two Santa Barbara hotels. I just lucked into a free 4 bedroom villa at Esperanza starting tomorrow. We have dinner reservations at Las Ventanas, Auberge Chileno and the Montage as well so we will be checking out several new Cabo options.
LOL! Can already share that FS Surfside is fantastic!! Been there once already and loved it. Amazing hard product, and there service was solid on my visit as well. I don't love the hotel scene in MIA but will gladly return to FS Surfside any day. Not a bad option for families either. There's a family pool that mirrors the adult pool. Beach is full service with great lounge chairs. For families of 3 or 4 (assuming smaller children), you can easily book one of the 1 bedroom suites with a media room and transform it into a two bedroom suite. Again, very high quality finishes here and love the design (which is obviously based on the individual). Food is excellent here. Both restaurants are great but maybe a bit over priced? Thomas Keller was working/serving the night we dinned at his new restaurant on site. Tasted great and got a kitchen tour afterwards. To watch him cooking in the kitchen was a treat. Breakfast had wonderfully flaky Croissants, which is difficult to find here in the States or at least on the east coast. Very glad to have finally found a property I really like in MIA

Will report on the Santa Barbara properties, of course. But I suspect I will like the Rosewood more. Simply due to the design and having rooms/suites on the beach.

Enjoy Cabo!