FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with Top Business Class company?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:03 pm
MrVette

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Alaska, United, Chase
I researched this company and found they have a pretty good record and ratings. So I started through the process with them.

They had good flights at a good price. Next step before ticketing was to read and sign an agreement.

The agreement indicates that they are booking award flights, not purchasing tickets from the airlines. The awards are supposedly coming from their "corporate" award points/miles, whatever that is. But for all I know these are award points/miles that were sold to them or stolen and bought on the dark web. In any case we all know that the airline FF program rules prohibit sale or barter of award tickets, which is exactly what they are doing. So although not illegal to do so, it is contrary to airline policy and if caught the award tickets are cancelled...potentially stranding you 10,000 miles from home - but read on.

The agreement also says you are giving them permission to create FF accounts in your name and for them to reap the miles credit for the flights flown. This is part and potentially all of the way they accumulate the points/miles to acquire award tickets to sell to others.

They apparently do a booming business with many customers that are satisfied. So most travelers don't get caught. I have read reports of travelers who have gotten caught by the airlines and their tickets cancelled. Apparently when that happens two fixes are available from Top Business Class.

First step is to call your personal contact at the company who's cell number is provided to you so you can get them at any time. That person will attempt to convince the airline your ticket is good. If that doesn't work apparently Top Business Class will buy you another ticket...but the agreement you signed does not require them to do so. That typically means you are on different flights and potentially on different days, which may require you to pay for taxi, hotel, and meals during the delay. Their business model is based on only have to pay infrequently to bail travelers out. Apparently most people travel with no problems and are either not aware of the risk or are willing to take the risk of tickets getting cancelled.

The owner of the company told me most times the airline catches on when travelers attempt to get their FF number assigned to the reservation. Recall that the business model is for the company to already have a number assigned so they get the credit. Also, since I have FF status with the airlines on which they proposed I fly I wonder if the airlines might see something amiss when Top Business Class creates a new account under my name? In any case I'm not going through with booking with this company.

I was hoping this company was a consolidator and not an award ticketer. They say that they do have contracts with airlines for travel to Europe and Africa but not Asia. They also say no airlines have been able to get contracts to Asia and they are interested in doing so and have tried. I assume it would be safe to use this company for flights to Europe or Africa as long as they are not selling you an award ticket.

Hopefully you can learn from my experience.