FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:51 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by CFM3RD
I thought that as of Jan 2019 there were new rates for earning AA EQMs and EQDs on Qatar. When I look at aa.com it still shows as of Jan 2016.

I'd like to know - flying Business (R) DFW - DOH - BKK and back - the new chart showed 35% for R, the current chart shows 25%.

Secondary issue - Going Jan 22 - back on Feb 12th -- I will have access to AA and Qatar lounges correct?
The chart hasn’t changed recently AFAIK; it applies for travel on or after August 1, 2016. You may be thinking of AA JBV airlines AY, BA, IB, JL. Your earnings will depend on your fare, 20% or 25% of miles flown for EQD in J, 1.5 EQM per mile flown.

Flying Business Qatar will get you into any Admirals Club A, B, C) or the interim AA Premium Lounge.

At DOH / Hana’s International, you’ll have access to the Al Mourjan Business Lounge. The latter is upstairs at (show your ongoing boarding pass to the guardians at the entry to the escalator) and quite spread out. There are a couple of places to eat iirc, and looking before choosing where to relax is a good idea because if the variability.

At BKK you’ll have access to oneworld Lounges.

We have merged your post into the existing thread. Moderator