FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Agent to me: "You are making fun of me because of my accent" ????
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:36 pm
SJWarrior
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Not exactly. The law has been tested at least a couple of time - Young V Hilton Worldwide and Kight v Cashcall - both times the Court of Appeals ruled Hilton and Cashcall could record the calls, as one does not have a reasonable expectation of the call not being recorded.

Anyway, UA states online they "may" record calls.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/privacy.html

Offline purchases: Telephone, travel agent or ticket counter

To make a purchase or transact other business with a United Customer Contact Center agent, a travel agent (including online travel agents outside of United), or a customer service representative (collectively, “Reservations Agents”), Reservations Agents collect data such as payment information, passport information, birth date, name, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers. We may monitor and/or record telephone calls to Reservations Agents. By continuing with the call, you are deemed to consent to such monitoring and/or recording.
went round and round with a supervisor one day over what I thought was settled on a previous call. Finally told her to check the recording if she did not believe me. She said she didn’t have it and was going to hang up. I told her not so fast. We record all calls on my end at my office as SOP. The minute she heard that, she gave me what I had already been assured of on the previous call. You can record them too you know.