FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Rimowa Kits?
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:45 pm
therossinator

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat

Just got off the HND to BKK. Kit was a Porsche Design. Pajamas were the new Italian designer ones (material was very soft and very thin). I asked about a Rimowa and was told they didn’t have any on board. Five minutes later the purser comes back and tells me she found the last one on the plane and hands me a lime green Rimowa kit. I had already opened the Porsche Design kit to see what was inside (spoiler alert, that’s where all the Thai Air branding is) so I kept them both. It sounded like it was from an earlier flight and that they provide Rimowa ex BKK and Porsche Design ex outstations. Except for one or two contradicting posts in the thread, that seems to line up.

I will also say that the Porsche Design kit is noticeably lower quality. The zipper sewn to the hard shell is wavy, the little piece of leather like material that is the hinge is not really square. The side pockets inside are not elastic, they,re just loose. It was easily scratched and a little of the paint chipped while it was in the little side storage in the old 747 F seats.

And on a separate topic, I’m in the F lounge at BKK and flying out in Business on TG. Should I be able to get a 1 hour massage as Thai does not offer an F cabin to where I’m going? I would have thought so but am getting told I must pick one that is thirty minutes. Think it’s worth going straight to the spa to try to reschedule for the longer one with them?

Last edited by therossinator; Jan 18, 2019 at 7:24 pm